Music in workplaces

Would you like to provide your employees with a creative and stimulating work environment? Give them the opportunity to listen to music at the workplace.

You need a music licence from STIM if you as employer enable employees to listen to music at work. This applies to workplaces that have over 40 employees and where at least 20 of them listen to music.

A licence from STIM gives you permission to:

  • play music at staff parties (both recorded and live music).
  • provide employees with equipment to play music such as a radio, CD player, TV, sound card and headphones for their computer or mobile phone.
  • play music at the office, in production facilities, entrances, exercise rooms, staff dining rooms, conference rooms and other common areas.
  • play music for people on hold at the switchboard.

However, you do not need a music licence for the equipment employees bring personally to play music at work.   

Where does the money go?

The money we collect from licensees is individually distributed to the music creators and music publishers. STIM is owned by the right holders and operates with support of the Swedish copyright legislation