Music in commercial radio

Commercial radio stations need to have STIM-licence to play music. The terms and conditions of the agreement and rates have been negotiated between STIM and the commercial radio industry.

How do radio broadcasters pay?

Radio broadcasters report their advertising revenues on a quarterly basis, and STIM invoices them in April, July, November and January.

Do you have questions or would you like to sign a licence for commercial radio?

Contact our customer service.

Production music

When producing programmes or advertising spots, special permission must be obtained from the relevant publishing company to use production music (library music).  


Special permission is needed to produce an advertising spot with music. Contact our customer service.

Agreement with IFPI/SAMI

To obtain permission from record companies and artists, contact IFPI (special interest organisation for record companies) and SAMI (special interest organisation for artists).