How payments are calculated
STIM makes royalty payments four times a year - in March, June, September and December.
How much money you receive from STIM depends on a numbers of factors, including:
- how many people were involved in writing the musical work and what percentage of it each of you has been assigned
- the work's grading
- the length of the workwhere the work has been played and how much revenue STIM has received from the user
- the nature of the performance (concert, vignette, background music, etc.)
- STIM's administration cost
The mechanical society NCB pays approximately SEK 9 for CDs sold at full price, which is then shared between the creators and the music publishers. The amount of remuneration from NCB for films, CDs and DVDs (AV productions) depends on a number of factors, including:
- the number of copies
- the published price to the dealer (PPD)
- where it was shown (TV, cinema, trade shows etc.)
- NCB’s administration costs
Please see the payment calendar for information on when payments are made during the year and which categories are included.
The minimum payment is SEK 100 for members with a Swedish bank account and SEK 500 for members who are based overseas. STIM keeps the money until the minimum amount is reached. Please e-mail your account number to firstname.lastname@example.org.