Music at the cinema and in film showings

It is hard to imagine a film without music. The value of music in the film simply can not be overstated. 

The person responsible for arranging film showings must sign an agreement through STIM when music is used at cinemas and film festivals. For further information and to obatain a license, please contact our Customer Service.

Where does the money go?

The money we collect from licensees is individually distributed to the music creators and music publishers. STIM is owned by the right holders and operates with support of the Swedish copyright legislation.

Payment and reporting

Our fee is based on a percentage of gross ticket sales. Cinema owners or other responsible organizer of screenings need a STIM license report ther music use twice a year. The license must be issued in advance, before the movie showing takes place.