Music in advertising

Anyone who uses music in advertising needs permission to do so. A synchronisation licence must be obtained, generally from the copyright owners directly or from STIM/NCB.

Our definition of an advertising production is that it has a marketing aim and is intended to promote sales of the company's products or services.

You must apply for permission no matter if you use existing music for your production or commission new music.

How much is it?

Free pricing applies to this area. The copyright owners (authors and/or publishing company) decide what to charge  for using the music. For more information about  prices, contact NCB, [email protected], phone +46 (0)8-783 88 15.