Music in hotels, hostels and camping grounds

Your guests come to relax and enjoy themselves. The sensation of a high level of service and quality is linked to your entertainment offering, which is why it is a good idea to offer guests a generous range of music and TV.

Anyone who operates a hotel, guest house, hostel, holiday village or camping grounds needs a music licence from STIM when rooms or common areas are equipped with a TV, CD or radio. Examples of common areas include lounges, reception areas, breakfast rooms, restaurants and bars.

You also need a music licence from STIM when organising events that include music for dance and artist performances, for example. More information is available under the link to the left for Restaurants, entertainment.

Where does the money go?

The money we collect from licensees is individually distributed to the music creators and music publishers. STIM is owned by the right holders and operates with support of the Swedish copyright legislation